CLOSING DATE: 10 February 2023
About our company;
Sewell Group is a multi-disciplined group of companies operating across the North of England. As a family business, it has a long and illustrious history dating back to 1876. Alongside its retail division, which operates 13 fuel and convenience stores across East Yorkshire, Sewell Estates is a collective of built environment businesses made up of Sewell Investments, Sewell Construction, Sewell Facilities Management, Illingworth and Gregory, and Shared Agenda.
We have an in-house Professional Services Team (PST) who works across the portfolio of companies that form part of Sewell, providing Finance, People (Human Resources), Communications, Information Technology and Health, Safety & Environmental support, advice and guidance.
At the heart of the business’ vision and strategy is delivering value for the communities it serves, promoting opportunities by employing local people and investing in developing talent, as well as giving back to communities and supporting the regional economy through commissioning the local supply chain.
Sewell pride themselves on their commitment to support, train, develop and reward employees. In return, they ask that their employees work hard, live the company behaviours and have some fun along the way. Culture is a massive part of the day-to-day life at Sewell and its people follow core principles of being Positive; Professional; Customer Focused; Team Players; and Always Doing the Right Thing.
In 2021 the Group was recognised as one of only 18 businesses across the country in the Queen’s Awards for Enterprise for Promoting Opportunity – the most prestigious accolade for UK businesses.
Based at the Sewell Group Head Office, reporting to the Head of Professional Services, the Apprentice will be responsible for providing general day to day administrative support to the collection of PST sub-teams, along with developing some core duties of their own to contribute to the overall success of the Service provided across all Sewell Group businesses.
Monday – Friday 8.30am-5.00pm, 37.5 hours per week (1 hour lunch break)
During the apprenticeship the successful candidate will work across all of our Professional Services teams to learn and support the team on the below responsibilities.
- Providing day to day administrative support, such as copy-typing, proof reading, document creation and rebranding, presentation development, document amendments, photocopying/scanning and electronic document management
- Answering and making telephone calls
- Liaising with external suppliers to make orders, such as stationery and event/training sundries
- Work as part of a team, supporting colleagues through delivering an excellent Administrative service
- Organising work tasks and duties to meet agreed standards
- Attending and supporting company exposure at external events such as careers fairs, business events and conferences
- Provide back-up cover for our Group administration and Reception team during holiday and absence periods
- To support the wider team as necessary to meet the needs of the business
As well as exhibiting the Sewell Behaviours of being Positive, Professional, Team and Customer Focused with a mentality for Doing the Right Thing, the successful person will have the following:-
- Healthy GCSE and literacy grades to enable registration and progressive completion of a Business & Administration Apprenticeship
- A vibrant, positive and professional attitude and be smart in appearance
- Strong belief in delivering great customer service
- Excellent telephone manner
- Excellent organisational and communication skills and the ability to prioritise a variety of tasks
- Excellent levels of computer literacy and be comfortable with Microsoft packages
- A positive approach to learning, development and progression within an administrative role
- A flexible and diligent working attitude
- Willingness to support wider business teams
- Have the ability to work both as a team member and alone in a busy and fast paced working environment
- Full Driving Licence, valid in the UK and own transport.
Sewell is an equal opportunities employer, recruiting within the guidelines of the Equality Act 2010. We are committed to the promotion of diversity and equal opportunity, as an employer and in the delivery of our products and services.
- £4.81-£5.28 per hour
- Up to 20% Annual Bonus Opportunity
- Auto Enrolment pension
- Staff discounts
- High Street & Retail discount schemes
- Bike 2 Work Scheme
- Technology Scheme
- Free use of the 3 ‘Tommy Coyle Academy’ Gym
To apply for this job please visit uk.whatjobs.com.