Bates & Bradshaw are recruiting on behalf of a major Construction & Maintenance company in the Hull area who operate as one of the leading building, repairs, and maintenance contractors. They are presently employing around 500 people and have a turnover of £50m and they have some ambitious plans in place to grow this again over the coming years.
As a building surveyor, you will provide professional advice on property and construction; ranging from identifying structure defects, damp to general repairs across approximately 25,000 properties within the Hull and surrounding areas.
* You will work alongside our supervisors delivering empty properties and responsive/planned repairs.
* You will complete detailed building surveys, identifying defects and advising on repairs and maintenance requirements. You will make recommendations to maintain buildings in a sustainable condition and fit for habitation.
* HNC in Construction qualification or Trade qualification
* Health & Safety Qualification
* Asbestos Awareness Certificate
* CSCS Card
Property surveying, producing schedules of work within the public sector. A working knowledge of conducting property surveys in relation to:
* Landlord and Tenant Act 1985. • Housing Act 1985
* Environmental Protection Act 1990
* The Housing Health & Safety Rating System (England) Regulations 2005
* Homes (Fitness for Human Habitation) Act 2018
* Defective Premises Act 1972
* Occupiers Liability Act 1957
* Government Decent Homes Standard June 2006 (update)
* Right to Repair Qualifying Repairs categories
To apply for this job please visit uk.whatjobs.com.