Prestige Recruitment Specialists
Based in Beverley, HU17
Full time, permanent role
Salary: ERCC Grade 8-9
Prestige Recruitment Specialists are recruiting on behalf of the East Riding Council to employ an Engineer to their Environment and Neighbourhood Services Team. This appointed candidate will work on allocated schemes and projects in accordance with the team’s programme of work for the traffic management and parking measures. The appointed Engineer will undertake the full process of scheme/project delivery from the initial investigation, assessment, consideration of solution, proposal through to the implementation.
The appointed candidate will have:
- Hold or working towards an HNC in civil engineering or equivalent qualification
- Competence in civil engineering or related post
- Experience in project managing schemes with a value up to £30k
- Good all round education
- Full clean driving license
- Experience of working with the general public
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely
- A working broad knowledge of sign design, traffic regulations, traffic related issues and an understanding of traffic law, duties, powers and ability to apply it
- Ability to use IT packages such as Word, Parkmap
- Knowledge of Data collection and presentation methods
- Knowledge of report writing and briefing notes
- Heavy Goods vehicle movement managements, traffic calming measures and techniques, Accident/collision investigation and prevention, civil parking enforcement processes and car park maintenance.
- Ability to investigate, design options and deliver schemes and projects from a range of individual posts related traffic management, Traffic Regulation Orders (TRO’s), speed limits including reviews, traffic calming measures, traffic analysis and solutions, controlled parking zones (CPZ’s), car parks and their maintenance, HGV weight limits and lorry parking to resolve specific parking, moving traffic and environmental issues.
- Investigate, act upon and respond by providing advice and potential solutions, both verbally and in correspondence, to queries/issues raised by elected members, town and parish councils, other agencies and members of the public, and attend meetings when required.
- Assist in the preparation and delivery of major schemes and projects
- Monitor progress of specific works/projects and provide feedback information to assist programming, workload and financial management.
- Record accurate, timely and relevant information and ensure that, wherever possible, misunderstandings or disputes are readily resolved.
- Produce and provide technical reports and presentations as appropriate
- Support the management team in delivery of all aspects of the service plan
- Supervise the workload of subordinate staff and external contractors to ensure delivery of the council’s programmes of work within financial guidelines.
- Ensure the ParkMap database is properly and effectively maintained to accurately reflect the East Riding of Yorkshire’s TROs
- Carry out safety audits and prepare reports
- Carry out speed limit reviews
- Ensure the infrastructure of the council’s car parks is maintained
- Carry out detailed investigations of traffic and parking issue using relevant traffic related IT packages and programmes and determine appropriate response and actions
- Deputise for the senior engineer when required and cascade information down through the team
Duties are not limited to those listed above
If you are interested and meet the above criteria, please send your CV to [email protected] or call the Commercial team on 01482 382 301 if you have any queries.
Due to the high volume of CVs we are currently receiving, we are unable to reply to each application. If you have not heard from us within 10 days, then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Please note: Prestige Recruitment is an equal opportunity employer with 30 years of service within the recruitment & staffing sector.
To apply for this job please visit uk.whatjobs.com.