Principal Resourcing have a fantastic opportunity for an innovative and inspiring Maths Teacher to join one of our supportive schools based in Hull, East Riding of Yorkshire. The full-time role is expected to commence February 2023 – Easter initially, with the possibility of a permanent role for the right candidate.
You will be supporting learners to make excellent progress in one of the Core Subjects. The school are looking for a qualified teacher with some experience in teaching the Maths curriculum (ECTs are welcome to apply). The ideal candidate will be reflective in practice with a proactive approach to lesson planning and delivery, that provides an inclusive curriculum to meet the needs of all students.
The leading co-educational independent day school caters for pupils aged 8 to 18 across Hull and the East Riding, representing the local diversity of cultures and ethnicities. The school aims to offer a life-changing education of all-round excellence with a strong academic thread.
You must be able to work collaboratively with the multi-disciplinary team within the school and be flexible in your thinking and approach to ensure you reach the pupils using a diverse pedagogy of teaching strategies.
If you feel passionately about transforming the lives of young people and are a flexible and creative thinker able to maximise pupil engagement, then we want to hear from you!
Within the role you will be required to:
* Teach up to KS4 Mathematics
* Have strong behaviour management skills and good classroom control
* Promote the positive behaviour policy of the school
* Plan, prepare and deliver lessons that will engage and enthuse learners
* Be creative in your teaching approach, with an ability to raise attainment
* Have a commitment to develop the personalities, talents and abilities of all students
* Display an enthusiasm to learn and develop professionally
* Have a willingness and enthusiasm to commit to the expectations of the role and a desire to contribute to extra-curricular responsibilities
* KS3 subsidiary subject is advantageous
Skills and attributes:
* Relevant qualifications – QTS Teaching qualification (PGCE, SCITT, MEd, Cert. Ed etc.) or equivalent
* A relevant BA/MA in Mathematics or related subject
* Previous experience of delivering relevant subject up to GCSE and A-Level
* A proactive team member, committed to raising standards and achievement
* ECT’s are welcome to apply
So, what’s in it for you:
* Highly supportive and committed consultants who will endeavour to find assignments suited to your needs, specific to your Local Authority
* An opportunity to extend your professional development with FREE accredited CPD courses
* Rewarding and competitive rates of pay
* A great range of opportunities to work in a variety of local schools of your choice
* 'Recommend a Friend’ bonus up to £250
* A wealth of experience from Teachers working in branch, to provide you with industry specific knowledge, career advice and CV assistance
* A choice of pay options to suit you and your circumstances: PAYE or Umbrella Company
If this role sounds of interest to you, please apply now with your CV and our team will be in touch with you shortly.
We will conduct your interview via a telephone call. We will clear you as quickly as possible, our dedicated Candidate and Compliance Team, will be working tirelessly to do so!
Principal Resourcing is an Education Recruitment Business having sought agreement from their clients to find candidates for these roles, in accordance with the Employment Agencies and Employment Business Regulations Act (2003).
Principal Resourcing is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Appointments will be subject to our stringent vetting procedures, including an enhanced DBS check and references. Principal Resourcing are an equal opportunities employer.
Please note that if you have not heard from us within two weeks your application may have been unsuccessful
To apply for this job please visit uk.whatjobs.com.