NHS North East & Yorkshire
Your experience and skills are invaluable to us, and we’re here to help you return/ join the North East and Yorkshire midwifery workforce with confidence. Please apply if you fall into one of the following three categories:
* NMC registered midwife who has left the career in the last three years but wishes to return to midwifery practice in a supported way
* Previously NMC registered midwives who have left the midwifery profession and have a lapsed registration but wish to return and be supported to re-enter the register and workforce in a supported way.
There is a range of support available if now is the right time for you to return to/start your midwifery career in the NHS. Your skills and experience are invaluable, and you would be joining the NHS at a crucial time for maternity services.
Following significant investment in maternity services new diverse roles and opportunities are available that you may wish to explore. We can talk to you about the different types of roles that may be suited to you, including your preferred hours and location.
A career in midwifery can be emotionally and professionally rewarding and there are plenty of practical benefits, including some you may not have experienced before:
* One of the most generous pension schemes in the UK.
* Flexible working and opportunities to work part-time, helping to create a balance that suits you. Childcare support may also be available at some NHS trusts.
* At least 27 days holiday a year plus public holidays, and a standard working week of 37.5 hours.
* Additional support for professional development, helping you to feel confidence in your skills and achieve your career goals.
* A great emphasis on working in multidisciplinary teams, allowing you to work with experts from many different departments.
Recent investment in pastoral care, education, training, and leadership and career development means that you can be supported both personally and professionally, there are also opportunities for you to progress in your career and to thrive in the NHS.
We want to help you find a role that is right for you – this could be working clinically in the community, on an antenatal or postnatal ward, or the delivery suite. We will support you with a personalised journey back into the clinical environment and a practice mentor will be on hand to support you. We will provide you with the training you need to provide frontline care with confidence.
*How to apply: *
Please complete the streamlined online application form on the Indeed website. Indeed will review applications and connect suitable candidates with a recruitment lead at a trust which has a role that meets your requirements. They will then guide you through the next steps.
*Who we are looking for candidates who: *
* are committed to providing a high standard of care, and constantly strive to deliver a positive patient experience throughout the pregnancy and postnatal journey
* have excellent listening and communication skills in order to support women and their families
* are able to work collaboratively with colleagues from across the multi-disciplinary team, respecting women’s values and beliefs during their maternity experience
* are able to support women to make safe choices and develop mutually respectful, trusting relationships.
*What we offer: *
* The training you need to return to/join the frontline midwifery teams with confidence
* Ongoing personal and professional development, including leadership and career development
* Support from a Practice Mentor
* Professional Midwifery Advocate support
* A regional/trust ethos and commitment to staff health and well-being
* NMC computer based Test online support *(for those not currently on the NMC register)*
* NMC OSCE 4 week preparation course provided in region, flexibly with additional content to prepare for midwifery practice in the UK *(for those not currently on the NMC register)*
* Support to choose a maternity service within the Northeast and Yorkshire which aligns to your personal valued and preference.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
Part-time hours: 11.5 per week
Salary: £22,055.00-£47,672.00 per year
* Language training provided
Flexible Language Requirement:
* English not required
* Day shift
* Night shift
* Please provide your UK Midwifery NMC Pin
* When did you last practice as a registered UK midwife?
* UK Midwifery NMC Pin? (required)
* United Kingdom (required)
Work Location: One location
To apply for this job please visit uk.whatjobs.com.