Avery Healthcare, based in Northampton is looking for a confident Peripatetic Deputy Manager to join us in our central division. As a Peripatetic Deputy Manager, you will be responsible for providing support to any home in this division in the absence of a Deputy Manager or where a home may require additional support. You will have a passion to provide a safe, caring and stimulative environment for our residents and their visitors, whilst meeting stringent professional and statutory standards and commercial performance targets.You will be compassionate and committed to Averys values, ensuring an exceptional level of care and support to residents, their visitors, and all staff. Your hands-on approach will help embed an open culture to empower staff to raise concerns and express their views freely, whilst developing strong professional relationships and providing on-going inspirational leadership and management.Key responsibilities of this role include:
- Support the Home Manager as directed with the delivery of high-quality, person centred care ensuring residents receive care based on best practice.
- Ensure that medication policies and procedures are adhered to and support with the reviewing of medication and administration.
- Ensure residents are protected from harm, attend safeguarding meetings on behalf of the Home Manager where required.
- Monitor the wellbeing of each resident, being aware of any change impacting on care and care plans, ensuring that new needs are met and written records are amended to reflect any variation.
- Attend weekly clinical meetings, monitor clinical risk areas in the home ; weights, pressure sores, slips, trips, falls, infections and undertake trending and analysis where required and support with developing clear care plans to address any areas of risk
- Monitor the quality of care and operations to ensure residents excellent care through well trained, competent, compassionate and committed staff. Ensuring the delivery of high standards of person-centred care and hotel services throughout the Home.
- Monitor and maintain standards of care delivery for all staff through regular mentoring/coaching/supervision and appraisal.
- Support with the preparation of the staff duty rota to ensure appropriate and staff staffing levels at all times.
- Support the Home Manager to ensure that the budgets within the home are adhered and maintained
- Take an active interest in your personal and professional development by, contributing to supervision and appraisal meetings, attending team meetings and training.
- Ensure any concerns or complaints that cannot be resolved immediately, are promptly escalated to the Home Manager
- Ensure compliance is adhered to for all of Avery daily, weekly, monthly reporting and recording systems.
- Follow and understand your own responsibilities to infection prevention and control.
- Deal with enquiries swiftly recording all relevant information including contact details. Where possible book assessment at point of enquiry.
- Participate in an on-call rota and weekend working as the service requires.
- Cover the Home Manager in their absence
- Attend staff, relative and resident meetings and enable staff, residents and relatives a forum to contribute effectively to the development of the home.
Please note: This role will require travel and may include overnight staysThis is not intended as an exhaustive description of duties and responsibilities and may be amended following consultation with the jobholder. Your Money – Great Team Players Need Great Rewards
- Hastee Pay – providing you with the opportunity to receive your earned pay immediately to increase your choice and financial wellbeing
- Holiday pay, plus Bank Holidays and holiday-type benefits through employee discount scheme
- Workplace Pension
- Refer a Friend payments
- Free DBS
- Paid e-learning and training
- Long service awards and recognition
- Career development with salary increases
- Staff wellbeing strategy
Your Working Life
- Flexibility – We can offer a range of work patterns that best fit around your family. Let us know what hours you are looking for and we will do our best to accommodate you
- A career development pathway and support with qualifications – linked with increases in salary
- A comprehensive and supportive induction programme to ensure confidence and competence
Avery #OneFamily Well-being Programme
- Blue Light Card – Employee discounts scheme for a wide range of retailers, restaurants and days out
- Treat and pamper days
- Daily staff celebrations
- Staff well-being committees
- Mental health first aiders for staff
- Apprenticeship programme
- Managing Director award and Avery Awards
To apply for this job please visit uk.whatjobs.com.