Northern Healthcare LTD
Posting date: 13 January 2023
Salary: Not specified
Additional salary information: £10 per hour
Hours: Part time
Closing date: 12 February 2023
Location: Hull, HU1 3HR
Company: Northern Healthcare LTD
Job type: Permanent
Job reference: 4941298/PTSupportWorkerHull
Looking for a rewarding and fulfilling vocation, why not join our Northern Health Care. You are the heart of our services where every day will be different and you will make it special by supporting persons with learning disabilities, mental health illnesses and autism to improve their lives and to live independently.
We provide mental health recovery services across many regions within the UK. Our services consist of support living and community outreach services which provides our residents and service users with access to 24 hr support from experienced clinical and support staff.
We are currently recruiting support workers who are committed, positive, compassionate, understanding, dedicated, and dedicated to always putting people first to join our team. You will be supporting persons with learning disabilities or mental health illnesses to improve their lives and to live independently.
It’s hard work and can sometimes be challenging but the rewards are truly amazing!
As a support worker, you will be at the heart of supporting our service users daily. You will work with service users to help them live a fulfilled and happy life, whilst living as independently as possible. You will help to enable them to develop positive relationships and to be valued as equal members of their local community as part of their rehabilitation.
As part of this role, you will work closely with a variety of colleagues and support staff to prioritise outcome-focused support for our residents.
Your key attributes
• Must have the right to work in the UK.
• Our values – positive, respectful, open and honest, understanding and dedicated.
• Supportive and empathetic.
Where you’ll be working
Your location will be Hull, HU1 3HR.
This role requires a level of flexibility as you will be working on a rotational shift pattern 8am-8pm during the day and 8pm-8am waking nights, including weekends, however we will accommodate where we can.
In return, you’ll receive
• Salary: £10.00 per hour
• Company pension scheme and contribution
• Flexible working week
• Induction and buddy programme
• Career development and on the job learning opportunities
• *Healthcare cover including dental, optical, prescriptions and physiotherapy
• 25 days annual leave plus statutory bank holidays effective
• Access to discounted products and services
• Enhanced disclosure barring scheme (DBS) check cost covered
• Option to train towards NVQ in Health and Social Care
• Employee Assistant Programme
• Ongoing employee recognition scheme and employee awards
• Refer a friend scheme in which you can earn up to £250
• Restricted Parking on Site
• Ensure that our service users are at the heart of everything we do.
• Support and guide service users with day-to-day activities enabling them to be able to live a full and as independent life as possible. This may include help to manage budgeting, domestic tasks, or meal preparation
• Support and guide service users with grocery shopping and attending routine appointments.
• Support service users whilst taking prescribed medication.
• Support service users to be as active as they would like to be as part of their local community, whilst encouraging them to try out new things. These could include days out, family visits or arranging to go to college or use their local leisure facilities.
• Regularly review support plans whilst ensuring that they are committed to working toward their needs and aspirations.
• Working positively and collaboratively with other colleagues within the team
• Work within and implement our policy and procedure, including confidentiality and safeguarding.
• Escalate as appropriate any concerns or issues promptly.
• To maintain and keep accurate records whilst reporting in a factual and ‘person centred’ approach.
• Ideally, you will have some experience as a support worker or have gained your level 2 or 3 in Health and Social Care
• You will be required to complete an enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check, prior to starting with us.
• We require a minimum of two references provided that must cover the last 3 years. If you have worked with vulnerable adults in the past we will be required to request references for each of these employers too.
This advert closes on Friday 27 Jan 2023
Proud member of the Disability Confident employer scheme
About Disability Confident
A Disability Confident employer will generally offer an interview to any applicant that declares they have a disability and meets the minimum criteria for the job as defined by the employer. It is important to note that in certain recruitment situations such as high-volume, seasonal and high-peak times, the employer may wish to limit the overall numbers of interviews offered to both disabled people and non-disabled people. For more details please go to Disability Confident.
To apply for this job please visit uk.whatjobs.com.