Main Purpose of the Job and its Primary Objectives:
Manages Programme & Project QA/QC activities in compliance with relevant standards, UK procedures, quality plans and industry best practise. Perform all QA/QC processes as required by an NEC 4 from of contract. Ensure a ‘right first time’ approach is adopted throughout the Construction phase of the Project.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
• Responsible for communicating and demonstrating a commitment to the implementation of relevant HSE Regulations, standards & best practices within the construction project.
• Responsible for supporting a proactive and collaborative project working environment in line with the companies’ values and lifesaving rules & behaviours.
• Develops project governance in relation to Quality Management – including programme/project governance auditing plan and schedule.
• Prepares for and leads audits against the audit plan with relevant UK specialists/discipline Engineers – ensuring consistency of approach and prompt audit reporting,
• Support the UK team in aligning post construction Quality Management within UK’s existing Integrated Management system (IMS).
• Support engagement with external bodies used in the certification of existing Quality Management systems.
• Execute the roles accountabilities & responsibilities as per the project.
• Responsible for reporting on QC/QC activities and auditing performance to project stakeholders and steering groups – including audit non-conformances and action status/tracking.
• Validate inspection requirements and carry out inspection activities at site, vendors or on receipt at stores
• Witness / review of testing activities in compliance with Inspection and test plan requirements.
• Responsible for assigned audits and reports as per the projects audit schedule.
• Instruct Contractors to search for suspected defects.
• Inspect equipment and materials as required, before acceptance by UK.
• Notification of Project defects to Contractor and PMO.
Supervisory and Managerial Responsibilities:
• Supervise other project Quality roles/resources in the delivery of the project’s objectives.
• Attend factory acceptance tests when required.
• Ability to present business cases and facts to influence the Project Management and Steering Group.
• Ability to influence functional/discipline peers in relation to project quality management systems.
• Apply knowledge and solutions to ensure compliance to regulatory, industry and UK standards.
• Decision making authority and influence level -HIGH
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
• Degree or NVQ Level 5 in Quality management or related discipline.
• Lead Auditor qualification by recognised industry body.
• Formal training in root cause analysis.
• Project management software (desirable)
• Good analytical skills.
• Excellent interpersonal, planning and organisational skills.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office
• 10 years relevant experience, ideally in a Petro-chemical environment.
• Comprehensive understanding of industry standards i.e. ISO 9001, ISO 19011.
• Effective 2-way communicator at all levels.
Contacts and Relationships:
• All defined internal/external project stakeholders.
Special Working Conditions:
• Project dependant – Will be required to access process plant with associated hazards presented by such a facility.
• May be required to travel nationally, internationally and work away from home for short periods.
Any Other Relevant Information:
• Prepared to adapt working times to meet key project milestone including out of hours or weekend working.
To apply for this job please visit uk.whatjobs.com.