HUNTER MASON CONSULTING LIMITED
As Quantity Surveyor, you will be responsible for, in conjunction with the other project team members, and accountable for profitability of the project(s), developing commercial strategy to ensure the delivery of the required margins.
You will contribute to the management and maintenance of the contract cost reporting systems ensuring the financial information is up to date, accurate and tracked in accordance with the budget/tender allowances, commitments and deviations highlighted and managed.
• You are expected to familiarise yourself and understand the construction processes and procedures, sub contractor, labour, material and plant content, together with the programme constraints on each project(s) which you are appointed to. This is to ensure that the risks and opportunities are identified as early as possible to minimise costs and maximise value throughout the project(s)
• You will appraise the contract Terms and Conditions – Post tender/pre-contract and produce a summary report of the main points that will impact on the project
• Form and maintain good working relationships with the client, internal and external project teams for the benefit of the contract and future working relationships
• Ensure the project team are acting in the best commercial interests of the project, reducing costs and increasing value
• Together with the Contracts Manager, ensure the Project team carries out their duties and obligations set out in the contract conditions
• Take off and scheduling of quantities for both live projects and tenders, as required
• Together with the Design and Contract Managers review value engineering options and provide the financial information to help ascertain viability
• Sound commercial and contractual knowledge, a clear understanding of NEC and JCT form of Contracts including associated subcontracts
• Good knowledge of construction techniques and processes
• Good communication skills
• Methodical, organised, reliable and resourceful
• A team player, outgoing, flexible, enthusiastic and ambitious
• Ability to manage a range of projects in a professional and diligent manner
To apply for this job please visit uk.whatjobs.com.