Shipping & Logistics Co-Ordinator
Bilfinger UK is a leading engineering and maintenance provider, supporting customers across the chemical & petrochemical, nuclear, oil & gas, pharmaceuticals & biopharma, power & energy, utilities, renewables and food & beverage markets. We enhance the efficiency of assets, ensuring a high level of availability and reducing maintenance costs.
Shipping & Logistics Co-ordinator is responsible for ensuring the right products are delivered to the right location on time, to the quality required and the most cost effective way.
The Shipping and Logistics Co-Ordinator will contribute to the creation and implantation of best logistics, vision, strategy, policies, processes and procedures to aid and improve operational performance,
Activities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Plan, manage and evaluate logistics operations liaising with internal team members, suppliers, transport providers and sub-contractors and the customer
- Create and implement best practices and logistics principles and improve operational performance
- Deliver solutions to logistics problems while maintaining high levels of quality and service within budgetary requirements
- Monitor quality, quantity, delivery times and transport costs and implement saving where possible
- Negotiate rates and improve contracts with packaging, transportation and logistics providers
- Resolve problems concerning transportation, logistics systems and customer issues
- Identify savings by removing waste or unnecessary steps in the logistics process
- Interpret treads, analyse, and review data. Provide meaningful logistics data to others in the organisation to aid customer service and cost improvements
If you wish to speak to a member of the recruitment team, please contact .
To apply for this job please visit uk.whatjobs.com.