Posting date: 29 December 2022
Salary: £10 per hour
Additional salary information: £10 per hour
Hours: Full time
Closing date: 28 January 2023
Location: HU9 1DN, HU9 1DN
Company: TribePost Ltd
Job type: Permanent
Job reference: AVOSCA291222
Social Care Assistant / Support Worker
Location: Hull, East Yorkshire, HU9 1DN
Salary: £10 per hour
Contract: 35, 28 and 21 hour per week contracts available, Permanent
Shifts: Dayshift, Nightshift or Weekend work, all of our employees who are working mainly dayshift are expected to also take on some night shifts and some weekend work
We are the Avocet Trust; a supportive, friendly and passionate team of carers.
Every single day we make a difference, we make someone’s day a little better, do you want to be part of that?
We are a charity established in 1991 who specialises in providing high quality care for Residential, Short Stay and Day Care to vulnerable adults in over 40 properties across Hull and the East Riding.
We are at the top of our game. Our clients receive the best care, our carers thrive in our environment and as a result our service is in very high demand.
Our service is the best, and as result it is in high demand.
We are now recruiting for both full time and part time care assistants, we have a variety of contracts available to suit the fluid nature of our employees and we are happy to discuss this with you! We have vacancies in both East Hull and West Hull areas.
You will be joining a caring, dedicated and compassionate team of people who wake up in the morning to make a positive difference to the lives of vulnerable people!
The Avocet Trust will also pay a further £50.00 for a sleep over shift!
The Role – Care Support Worker
We support people with learning disabilities and complex needs whose difficulties may include physical, emotional, learning, behavioural, psychological and social challenges, and quite often, a combination of many of these difficulties.
In addition to this, you will be responsible for:
– Delivering care and support to vulnerable people in a skilled and professional manner.
– Being a Key Worker to clients, coordinating and updating clients care plans.
– Being the line of communication as appropriate with families, friends and the relatives of clients.
– Administering or supervising the administration of medication.
– Participating, helping and assisting in all household tasks as required.
– Empowering all clients to make their own personal choices in relation to their support and personal development.
– Ensuring that all day-to-day activities and planned client holidays are achieved.
– Ensuring that clients receive options of good quality nutritional meals of their choice each day.
The successful applicant will be able to work a variation of early, late and night shifts on a rotational basis.
What we want from you:
Supporting our service users is hard, not every day is the same and you will be challenged but we will support you.
You do not need any formal experience within social care to be considered for this role, we would like to see evidence of life experience, or a similar caring experience previously.
We will make sure that you have full training, regular mentoring and on-going career development in a supportive working environment.
We look after our staff too!
– Bike to Work Scheme.
– Discounts for Membership at Hull City and Leisure facilities.
– Death in Service benefit.
– BHSF Health Scheme
– On-site parking.
– Access to the Blue Light Card concession scheme.
– A pay review in April 2022 in addition to the uplift of the National Living Wage.
It would be great if you had:
– A positive “can-do” approach in giving a level of care that is missing elsewhere by consistently offering high quality support.
– The unique quality of seeing life from the point of view of the people we serve and responding with encouragement and positivity.
– The desire to want to do something amazing every single day by making a real difference to other people’s lives in everything you do!
If you are ready to join us and make a real difference in someone’s life today, click on “APPLY” and forward an up-to-date copy of your CV for consideration in the first instance.
In line with the new government legislation, in order to work with us you must have received both vaccinations against COVID-19.
No agencies please.
To apply for this job please visit uk.whatjobs.com.